Day - 1
- Welcome to sunny Sri Lanka, the tear drop shaped island in the middle of the Indian Ocean. On arrival you will be met and transferred to your hotel by Travel Lanka Connection Representative, enroute visit fishing village, check in to the hotel
- Evening Visit the Kalaniya Temple
- Kelaniya (Kalyanam) is mentioned in Ramayana and in the Buddhist chronicle, the Mahawansa which states that the Gautama Buddha (5th century BC) visited the place, after which the dagaba of the temple was built.
- The suburb is also of historical importance as the capital of a provincial king Kelani Tissa (1st century BC) whose daughter, Viharamahadevi was the mother of king Dutugemunu the great, regarded as the most illustrious of the 186 or so kings of Sri Lanka between the 5th century BC and 1815.
- Sri Lankan Buddhists believe that the Buddha visited Kelaniya in order to quell a quarrel between the N?ga leaders of two warring factions: Chulodara (literally "the small-bellied one") and Mahodara (literally "the big-bellied one"). They were quarrelling over a jewel-encrusted throne. After the Buddha showed them the futility of their quarrel they converted to Buddhism and together offered the throne to the Buddha. It is believed that the Dagaba (Sthupa or Buddhist temple) seen today was built with the throne as a relic inside.
- Check in-to the hotel and spend rest of the day leisurely at the hotel.
Dinner & Overnight stay at the hotel – Negombo
Dinner & Overnight stay at.